Things To Do at The National Children’s Park and Zoo, Abuja
The National Children’s Park and Zoo is a popular family destination in Abuja, Although there are not much animal in the zoo, but the zoo still has both domestic and wild animals such as zebra, ostriches, donkeys, horses, Buffalo, monkeys, python snake, crocodile etc. The zoo also has a relaxation park and playing ground for children and a lake.
Also See: 5 Ideal Place To Hangout and have fun With your kids in Abuja
Also Checkout: Bunchi Garden and palm wine joint Garki Abuja
Blow are 7 THINGS TO DO at The National Children’s Park and Zoo, Abuja
1. Hold a picnic. The park is filled with large expanses of grass which is perfect for this, simply go with your own refreshments and mat.
2. Take a Walk or Jog
3. Take in the view of the waterfront or Aso Rock, think on life and clear you head.
4. Have a date, the park is quiet especially on weekdays. This is perfect for couples on a budget or couples who want to try something different. Simply go with your favorite take out (Suya/ shawarma), a movie and a mat.
5. Playground for Children. There are fun spots that your children would love!
6. Have a Photoshoot. There are a lot of pretty spots at the park. If you’re looking for a place with greenery or a water front view, this is the spot. The park charges N1000 in addition to the N400 gate fee paid per head.
7. Take a tour around the zoo to see the animals, well what’s left of them ??♀️. There are monkeys, horses, ducks, a buffalo, a donkey, a lion and a few others.
Also See: The 10 Best Neighborhoods To Stay In Abuja
Location: National Children’s Park and Zoo Abuja
It’s a little after Asokoro, Along the Kubwa Expressway. It’s inside an Army Barrack. The Google Maps address is accurate
Fee: N400 entrance fee, I believe it’s a little cheaper for children but I can’t recall the fee The park opens from 8am – 6pm daily
What are some things that you do at the park when you visit? Could you relate to this list? Let me know!