Experience a one-on-one adventure with the Lions in Mauritius‘ unique lion’s park.
Feel the adrenaline rush the sense of excitement and know how it is to be so close to these amazing creatures. It is a unique once in a life time experience!
The walking with lions is an adventurous activity proposed to those who wish to experience the wild side. Don’t miss this unique opportunity which will be the highlight of your holiday in Mauritius! This activity takes place on the banks of Riviere du Rempart in a separate area of the Safari park.
On your arrival to the park, you will be guided a special safari bus which will take you to the lions reserve where you could see the lions as well as tigers and cheetahs.
Also Read: The Best Time To Visit Mauritius
Visit: https://mauritiusattractions.com to learn more about Mauritius
At the lions reserve, the safari team will welcome you and consecutively will brief you with a short introductory chat on the lions and on the safety measures which should be taken during the adventure and the time you will spend with the lions.
Then after, you will be introduced to the lions and their handlers to start your 1 hour walking with lions excursion.
Under the coolness of the trees you can take pleasure in viewing the lions from very close, see them playing and hopping on the rocks of the river banks and scaling the trees.
The lions roam freely amongst you offering a unique opportunity of being in close contact with them.
With the supervision and guidance of the lions’ handlers, you can get even closer, and experience from firsthand how it is to walk alongside the lions, lead them the way and even pet them.
You will get to see how the lions interact between them, climb trees and even how they feed.
After the walk, refreshments are offered followed by explanations about the reproduction and conservation program of the lions.
Visit of the Casela Nature Park – World of Adventures
Important: The Walking with Lions is done at the Yemen Reserve which is part of Mauritius Safari and Bird Park. Accordingly, we offer you to purchase the Walk with lions excursion together with the entry tickets to the park.
About the Casela Safari and Bird Park: The Mauritius Casela Park is a real nature and adventure park. It is located besides the Rempart Mountain on the South-West of Mauritius offering magnificent views of the countryside rolling down the west coast of Mauritius.
The four thematic worlds offered by Casela:
- Mountain Kingdom: Zig Zag Racer, Doub Doub Racer, The Risk Factor Bridge, Zip and Splash Tour, Canyon Swing, The Deep Valley Long Fly over and Via Ferrata
- Big Cats Kingdom: Walk with Lions, Interact with Lions, Drive Thru, Interaction with Cheetah, Interaction with Caracal, Interaction with Serval, Camel Riding and Interaction with Cubs (subject to availability)
- Safari Kingdom: 1-hour Quad, Giraffe Feeding, Segway, Rhino Interaction and E-bike Safari
- Middle Kingdom: Tortoise Feeding and Petting Farm
- Discovery Centre: 4D Cinema, discovery of natural science and History of Mauritius through giant 3D Maps.
Also See: Most famous Waterfalls in Mauritius
The Casela World of Adventures Park is home to 150 species of birds from 5 different continents, including the lovely long necked Pink Pigeons which until recently were threatened with extinction. The Pink Pigeons can be seen alongside hundreds of other exotic species from Asia, Australia, Africa and America.
The visit to the park includes:
- Toboggan (Avalanche Mines) – a thrilling fun ride on the first toboggan slide in Mauritius. The Toboggan includes two slides placed on a slope on which one slips with buoys.
- Tulawaka Gold Coaster – an adrenaline-inducing alpine coaster that runs along 800m. Perfect for all thrill seekers. It can be ridden solo or in tandem.
- Walk thru the aviary – Walk through the bird aviary and interact with various colorful bird species from around the world.
- Safari photo – This great value tour lets you find yourself face-to-face with zebras, ostriches, deer, African antelopes, white rhinoceros, impalas and kudus during a unique safari tour on-board one of the safari vehicles.
- Big Cats Kingdom – For Big Cats lovers, this is a dream come true! Visit the Big Cats’ park to enjoy a close view of the lions, caracal and tigers.
- Giraffe and pygmy hippo viewing – Come face to face with these majestic animals for a unique viewing experience.
- Camel and llama viewing – Meet the camels and llamas, considered as one of the friendliest and most loving animals you will ever meet. Spend some time getting to know these amazing creatures.
- Monkey Kingdom – have some fun watching the long-tailed monkeys skip and hop about, in their enriched, natural habitat.
- Kid’s playground – A new kid’s playground that will offer sensation to the young ones!
- Petting farm and Tortoise pen – Ideal setting for people of all ages, especially children to interact with farm animals as well as tortoises.
- 3D Interactive Map and 4D Cinema
Source: Mauritius Attractions
Mauritius Attractions is the leading Attractions, Tours, Adventure Travel and Excursions provider in Mauritius.
Mauritius Attractions offers you all the attractions, adventures, tours, excursions and activities currently available in Mauritius.