This is a beautiful botanical garden located in the heart of Maitama. Below is a list of activities you can do here
1. Have Indian at the popular Cilantroabuja, one of the best plugs for Indian food in Abuja .
2. Tour the plant Nursery. I only recently found out that there’s a plant nursery in the garden. This thanks to a post by Raising.id. The plant nursery has a range of plants and trees! It’s beautiful and a great spot for pictures. Entry into the garden costs N1,000 for adults and N500 for children. This fee is supposed to come with a guide to take you around the nursery, however when I visited, this wasn’t the case.
3. Have a picnic. The garden is also a great spot to have a picnic. The N1,000 fee accommodates for this. The environment is serene and very green. You can take your own food and rent mats too, I believe the fee is N500
4. Try the food Frescosandwich, a cute sandwich spot within the garden. I’m yet to try their food but their menu looks good and reasonably priced.
5. Take pretty pictures. Again this is a great spot for a photoshoot, I actually shot a client here recently for her birthday. Please note that digital cameras attract a fee of N10,000 – N15,000 (I believe this is negotiable)
6. Bask in the beauty of nature. It’s such a refreshing place. There’s a small body of water in the premises too. You also might see monkeys if you get lucky.
Overall, Sarius Palmetum is a great spot for sightseeing with your kids, having a picnic, doing a shoot or just taking in nature! Please note that if you’re having food at these spots, you don’t need to pay the N1,000 fee
LOCATION: 3259 Ibrahim Babangida Blvd, Maitama, Abuja from 8am – 6pm daily.
Did you know this garden had all of this to order?
Source: Abuja Lifestyle