I spent my Saturday morning Kayaking with a group and I had the best time!
Here’s what you need to know
1. It costs N3,000 per person to kayak on weekends and N2,000 on weekdays (the prices were recently increased), for 1 hour.
2. Life jackets are provided so no fears
3. The attendants on ground are there to guide you, teach you how to kayak and help where needed. Trust me you won’t need so much help though. It’s quite straight forward once you start.
4. I recommend that you go in the morning or evening when the sun is not as hot. It’s more serene and fun
5. Dress comfortably in shorts and sneakers.
6. The water appears to be stagnant as such it’s not clean per say, but we can overlook this for the experience. Though keep in mind that you would want to take a shower immediately you get home.
7. @kayak.abuja is open from 8am-6pm daily
If you’re looking for something else to do in Abuja besides eating or hiking, try Kayaking and let me know what you think.
P.S. We also tried archery, which is located in the same spot. It cost N1,000 for 1 hour (per person). This I did not enjoy. The set could have been better. Also the arrows were not enough thus we had to keep waiting for the attendants to go back and forth picking up the arrows. Once you shoot a few times, it gets monotonous.
Location: The National Stadium Abuja, input Kayak Abuja on your Google maps and it’ll take you there directly.
Ever been to @kayak.abuja, what did you think?
Source: Abuja Lifestyle