Everyone has had moments where they walked through the wine shelf at the mall wondering what wine to purchase.
We end up choosing based on intuition or pretty bottles but with this post, you’ll be able to make more informed decisions when you shop for wines next time.
There are 5 basic categories of wine: Sparkling, White, Red, Rosé and Dessert and knowing when exactly to introduce them into your occasion will make life much easier.
1. Sparkling wine: is best for celebrations, any occasion that’s bubbly and filled with good news like a wedding, brand launch, anniversary etc. Choose Champagne or Prosecco
2. Red Wine: is best for date nights. Any occasion that involves intimacy or staying indoors like a house warning cuz it’s best when consumed with food. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir or Zinfandel is your best bet.
3. White wine: is best as a birthday present or for barbecue parties, cook outs or pool side parties. They are dry and refreshing on the palate and a way to get everyone sipping slowly. Try Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.
4. Rosé Wine: I find rosé wines good for picnics or a day at beach. It’s very versatile and can be paired with anything.
5. Dessert wine: is appropriate for a girls night out. Low in alcohol, sweet and fruity notes on the palate and it definitely is the best for a bunch of light headed female lol.
Was this post helpful???
Written By Restaurantcritic_ng